Welcome!

My photo
I love Food. Cooking it. Eating it. Experiencing it. As a result, that's what this blog has evolved into: A journal of my gastronomical journeys abroad, as well as my culinary creativity at home. I hope you enjoy what I have to say, and I'd love to hear your comments... Cheers!

Monday, December 20, 2010

Main-Lining Italian Food

Had a memorable food find this evening in West Chester, PA, in advance of my adventures @ QVC...

Teca is a wine bar first, for sure, but I discovered the food to be more than serviceable. Instead of dinner, I let the wine serve as the star, with a terrific Edna Valley Cab (Paso Robles) for starters. To compliment it, I sampled an assortment of Teca's charcuterie and cheeses: Prosciutto, Genoa Salami, and Coppa, paired with Parmigiano-Reggiano, Blue Cheese, Goat Cheese, Gorgonzola, Pecorino, Brie, and Taleggio. A fun and filling way to indulge in a decadent, yet responsible way, the way Italians do, far more frequently than us overindulgent Americans! There is something so simple and rustic, yet no less satisfying, about eating this way: meats, cheeses, crusty, toasty bread... it's a welcome break from the typical Italian resto experiences I can too easily find myself spiraling down into.

Don't get me wrong, I was tempted to gorge myself on any # of their entree items... but I held back, and feel all the better for it.

Kudos to Teca for showing me another quality stop on Main Line dining circuit...

No comments:

Post a Comment