Welcome!

My photo
I love Food. Cooking it. Eating it. Experiencing it. As a result, that's what this blog has evolved into: A journal of my gastronomical journeys abroad, as well as my culinary creativity at home. I hope you enjoy what I have to say, and I'd love to hear your comments... Cheers!

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Bartolotta and the Sea

My ongoing infatuation with famed Milwaukee Chef Paul Bartolotta continues. I've raved about his flagship Italian ristorante multiple times before. I've previously drooled over his French fare. Now it's time savor the best seafood -- and the best views -- this impresario has attached to his family food empire.


The Harbor House is the very latest turn for Bartolotta, and it is distinctly seafood-oriented. Situated on a gorgeous plot looking out onto the water and the Milwaukee Art Museum's impressively postmodern Quadracci Pavillion (for those of you who are American Idol fans, one of their "audition" episodes this season took place there), the views are as memorable as the interior and, of course, the food.






Head Chef Carlos DeLeon executes a wonderfully diverse, yet traditional menu. I went with the Lobster Pot Pie (I know... doesn't it just sound amazing?!). Huge, rustic hunks of potatoes, carrot, and pearl onions complimented the equally generous claw meat, all encased in a delicate cocoon of puff pastry. It was exactly what I imagined it to be: hearty and satisfying; indulgent, yet not overly rich.

The Harbor House has only been around since 2010, but it has the feel -- the soul -- of a place that's been around much longer... which no doubt, it soon will be.



The Bartolotta Midas Touch continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment