Welcome!

My photo
I love Food. Cooking it. Eating it. Experiencing it. As a result, that's what this blog has evolved into: A journal of my gastronomical journeys abroad, as well as my culinary creativity at home. I hope you enjoy what I have to say, and I'd love to hear your comments... Cheers!

Monday, May 25, 2009

Triple Crown








Appropriate blog entry heading for this time of year, even though a horse will not have a chance to lay claim to the Crown, I certainly feel like I have. Bryan Wade Hollenberg decided on his own volition to show up 5 days early, on May 18th, saving his mom the worry of being induced, and giving us all the chance to make it to our eldest son, Jason's, pre-K graduation. That makes the third jewel in my fatherhood crown, and it's just as sweet, albeit a bit more routine, than the previous two.
My wife was, as usual, a trooper and held up her title as Poster Child for Pregnancy (& Delivery) with great aplomb.
What a week to look back on: milestones everywhere you turn. Certainly will not be forgetting this time of my life. In retrospect, it really all turned out the way we hoped...and, I'm convinced, my wife willed it to be this way. The kids made us so proud of how they welcomed their baby brother into the world, and we all seem to be making the transition from Family of Four to Party of Five rather well.
All in all, things are good for this HOD: Top Gun training has officially started, and is going well. Busy month of June lined up business-wise, with a fair amount of travel in my near future. And now I get to gaze upon not one or two, but three little people I helped create, who bring such unadulterated joy to my life. They are all gems.
And I wear the crown proudly...

No comments:

Post a Comment