Welcome!

My photo
I love Food. Cooking it. Eating it. Experiencing it. As a result, that's what this blog has evolved into: A journal of my gastronomical journeys abroad, as well as my culinary creativity at home. I hope you enjoy what I have to say, and I'd love to hear your comments... Cheers!

Monday, June 7, 2010

A Grand Time in Grand Rapids


Sometimes a place surprises you if you give it a chance...eating @ the B.O.B. In Grand Rapids @ Bobarino's (www.thebob.com). Cool locale; great food options! Respect to the GR!!... BOB --for the uninitiated -- stands for "Big Old Building" (no bonus points for naming creativity!), and houses a number of different dining/lounge destinations owned by the Gilmore Collection.
Enjoyed a HopSun beer that they brew on-site with my Pesto Chicken Pizza. Loved the toasted pine nuts and sund-dried tomatoes, but would've preferred the chicken to be white meat... the crust was homemade and very well-prepared -- crispy on the edges, with a good balance of crunchy/chewy (for me, the ratio would probably be 75/25,but that's just me).
At very least, I now have my destination every time I find myself in Grand Rapids. Beautiful surroundings and good eats in the GR...

No comments:

Post a Comment