Welcome!

My photo
I love Food. Cooking it. Eating it. Experiencing it. As a result, that's what this blog has evolved into: A journal of my gastronomical journeys abroad, as well as my culinary creativity at home. I hope you enjoy what I have to say, and I'd love to hear your comments... Cheers!

Friday, April 8, 2011

My Very Own Slow Food Movement

Threw together a tasty and super simple lasagna meal last night.  I used my crock pot, and it never ceases to amaze me how much of a help it is in the kitchen.  There's something magical about putting in your ingredients...and letting the slow cooker do the rest of the work!

Here's what you do if you have about 15 minutes of hands-on time to spare:

SLOW COOKER LASAGNA

  • Spread 3/4c marinara sauce in the bottom of the crock pot.
  • Layer 2 lasagna noodles (uncooked) on top, breaking them to fit and cover.
  • Cover with a 1/2 of the total mixture of 2 thawed and squeezed boxes of frozen chopped spinach, 1c ricotta cheese, 1c shredded mozzarella, 1/2c grated parmesan.
  • Pour another 3/4c marinara sauce on top.
  • Repeat the steps:  lasagna noodles; spinach mixture; marinara.
  • Top with 2 more lasagna noodles, then cover with mozzarella and parmesan to your liking.
  • Cover and let it cook on LOW for about 4 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment