Welcome!

My photo
I love Food. Cooking it. Eating it. Experiencing it. As a result, that's what this blog has evolved into: A journal of my gastronomical journeys abroad, as well as my culinary creativity at home. I hope you enjoy what I have to say, and I'd love to hear your comments... Cheers!

Thursday, April 8, 2010

My Happy Place Revisited



Back from Spring Break in Georgia, which means... I get to make my habitual pilgrimage to my one of my favorite eateries in the country: The Flying Biscuit in the Candler Park 'burb of Atlanta...

A gorgeous spring day to spend a late morning/brunch feast.

As much as I'd love to dive into the rest of the menu and sample everything the Biscuit has to offer, I cannot avoid the magnetic pull of the High Flyer. It has everything I love about this place, all on one plate: 2 eggs, chicken sausage, creamy, dreamy grits, a side of an organic oatmeal pancake with peach compote, and -- you guessed it -- a biscuit! Yes, yes, this is a carb-lover's dream, and I should not make a habit of going this route... but the induglence is always justifiable after the first bite.

Love the Bohemian, easy going atmosphere at this, the original Flying Biscuit (there are a couple others in the ATL and they are now branching out to FL and NC -- funny story: Had a guy from Charlotte stope me at Disney World to comment on my Flying Biscuit tee shirt I was sporting!).

They're all about healthy, hearty portions in a friendly environment.


If you've never been to one -- get there! This place is the one reason I would seriously consider trying out the restaurant biz...

No comments:

Post a Comment