No sooner do I return from the ATL extolling the blissful virtues of the Dutch Baby, then my most recent edition of GQ shows up with a feature on said delicacy...
Mine came courtesy of the Original Pancake House, but now, thanks to Adam Rapoport et al, we can all indulge in one of life's simplest, yet most satisfying creations. With apologies to Gentlemen's Quarterly, I cannot for the life of me find this feature on your web site, so I will recount the recipe forthwith. It is ridiculously easy to replicate, if not duplicate, what you've devoured in a restaurant:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Melt 3 tbsp. butter in a 9 or 10 inch pie plate or ovenproof skillet...in the oven. Remove when melted.
- Mix together 2 beaten eggs, 1/2c flour, 1/2c milk, 1 tsp. sugar, 1/4tsp. salt, pinch of nutmeg (optional).
- Whisk and pour into hot skillet. Return to oven and bake 18-20 min. till puffy and evenly browned.
- Remove and sprinkle with lemon juice and powdered sugar.
While on the topic, here is a link to Alan Richman's latest on what he considers the best burger in America. I, for one, must find an excuse/reason to get out to LA more often...