Can't wait to make this...so simple, yet you just know you'll get raves like you slaved in the kitchen for this one. Found it in the wife's Coastal Living mag, and thought how great this would be for holiday parties, etc...
- Combine 1/2 cup milk, 6 tbsp. unsalted butter, 1/4c water, 1/2 tsp. sea salt, dash of white pepper, dash of red pepper in a heavy saucepan over medium heat, stirring until butter melts.
- Add 3/4c all-purpose flour and 1/4 tsp. baking powder, stirring briskly until dough pulls away from sides of pan. Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes. Remove pan from heat; let cool 5 minutes.
- Stir 3 large eggs into dough, 1 at a time, beating vigorously until fully incorporated. Set aside 2 tablespoons shredded Gruyere cheese for tops of puffs. Stir 3/4c cheese into dough.
- Spoon dough by level tablespoonfuls onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Brush tops of puffs with 1 tablespoon milk, and sprinkle evenly with reserved 2 tablespoons cheese.
- Bake at 400° for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven; pierce the side of each puff with the tip of a sharp knife to allow steam to escape. Serve hot or warm.