Welcome!

My photo
I love Food. Cooking it. Eating it. Experiencing it. As a result, that's what this blog has evolved into: A journal of my gastronomical journeys abroad, as well as my culinary creativity at home. I hope you enjoy what I have to say, and I'd love to hear your comments... Cheers!

Friday, October 9, 2009

Headed to the Swamps of Jersey!

Before I make my pilgrimage to my home state for the Final Farewell to Giants Stadium courtesy of Bruce Springsteen, wanted to post a couple of dishes I made this week for the family that turned out really well...
This is a light and very healthy meal that has a lot of texture and different flavor profiles to it...

Fettuccine with Artichokes and Beans
  1. Cook pasta according to directions. Reserve 1/2 c of pasta water.
  2. Drain and rinse 1can cannellini beans and cut into quarters a can of artichoke hearts (I prefer the marinated ones). Saute for a few minutes with a bit of EVOO and garlic.
  3. Crumble one piece of white toast in a food processor/blender. Add oregano or Italian seasoning and pulse until combined. Drizzle in 2 tbsp. EVOO and pulse again until combined.
  4. Drain pasta and return to pot. Add in the bean mixture and half the bread mixture, plus the reserved pasta water.
  5. Top with remaining bread mixture and Parmesan cheese, and serve.

I made this as more of a side dish (the better to have more leftovers!), and served with breaded tilapia fillets topped with a Cabernet reduction sauce, with garlic, capers, and sun dried tomatoes.

YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment