This is a light and very healthy meal that has a lot of texture and different flavor profiles to it...
Fettuccine with Artichokes and Beans
- Cook pasta according to directions. Reserve 1/2 c of pasta water.
- Drain and rinse 1can cannellini beans and cut into quarters a can of artichoke hearts (I prefer the marinated ones). Saute for a few minutes with a bit of EVOO and garlic.
- Crumble one piece of white toast in a food processor/blender. Add oregano or Italian seasoning and pulse until combined. Drizzle in 2 tbsp. EVOO and pulse again until combined.
- Drain pasta and return to pot. Add in the bean mixture and half the bread mixture, plus the reserved pasta water.
- Top with remaining bread mixture and Parmesan cheese, and serve.
I made this as more of a side dish (the better to have more leftovers!), and served with breaded tilapia fillets topped with a Cabernet reduction sauce, with garlic, capers, and sun dried tomatoes.