Fire Roasted Tomato Fettuccine
- Slice a dozen plum tomatoes length-wise and place in a foiled-lined, non-stick sprayed 15x10 baking dish.
- In a small bowl, mix 1/4c EVOO, S&P (I prefer sea salt), garlic, crushed red pepper, and Italian seasoning. (*NOTE: I don't give exact measurements here because I believe you can use as much or as little to your liking... but usually it's in the neighborhood of 1 tsp.)
- Spread mixture over tomatoes, and roast in a 400 degree oven for 45-60 minutes. Drizzle 2 tbsp. EVOO on top before roasting.
- Cook pasta as you normally would. Meanwhile, place 1/2 the roasted tomatoes in a large bowl and roughly mash them. Mix in the drained pasta and then top with the rest of the tomatoes.
- Either mix in or sprinkle on a helping of your favorite cheese (I'd go with Reggiano or Pecorino, but Asiago would work here, too.).
We had this last night with a spicy little Australian Shiraz that complimented the dish beautifully....