Welcome!

My photo
I love Food. Cooking it. Eating it. Experiencing it. As a result, that's what this blog has evolved into: A journal of my gastronomical journeys abroad, as well as my culinary creativity at home. I hope you enjoy what I have to say, and I'd love to hear your comments... Cheers!

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Fishin' for Dinner


My fraternity buddy Fish was in town for business, and I took him to one of St. Pete's finest (I'm biased) for dinner -- Z Grille. (www.zgrille.net). Only bad news was Zack wasn't there tonight (PS I recently nominated Zack for Next Iron Chef America, and the casting director LOVED him...be on the lookout!)...

We ordered a bunch of menu faves, and Fish was a good sport and willing chow partner. Wok Spicy Shrimp Lettuce Wraps, California Deviled Eggs (chef's favorite), and Chipotle BBQ Pork and Smoked Gouda Quesadillas came all at once for us to share... then the main course was -- of course -- Zack's famous Dr. Pepper Fried Ribs, all gooey and sweet and spicy and fall-off-the-bone tender.

A big hit and a big thumbs up from a NYC guy who travels a ton for biz and eats at some high profile joints around the country. Credit Zack and his take-no-prisoners cooking style (not to mention his skater/rocker-cum-avant garde eclectic decor)for bringing some serious attitude and street cred to the Tampa Bay area!

No comments:

Post a Comment