- Made this one tonight for the troops. Jill has declared this her #1 favorite...and that's saying something, considering my wife's super hero alter ego is 'The Appreciator'...
NO SAUCE, NO PROBLEM
1) Preheat oven to 400. Toss 3c cherry or grape tomatoes, halved (you can use 2 pints instead of measuring -- be generous, this is the best part!), with 1/4c balsamic vinegar, 2 tbsp olive oil, 1 clove (or 1 tsp) garlic, S & P (*you can really just eyeball all of these). Spread on foil-lined baking sheet.
2) Roast tomatoes for 20+ minutes, until browned and somewhat caramelized.
3) Meanwhile, cook 1 box pasta (ever try Ronzoni Smart Taste or Dreamfield's??)
4) Lightly toast a big handful of pine nuts
5) Shred 1c Asiago cheese
6) Drain pasta; place 1 bag spinach in pasta pot. Pour drained pasta back in.
7) Add tomatoes, pine nuts, cheese; sprinkle on basil to your liking. Mix.
You will never miss the fact that there is no 'sauce' in this pasta dish. It is so fresh and light, yet bursting with flavor. This recipes claims to serve 6 -- Jill & I feel like we can crush the whole damn thing by ourselves (an extra glass of red wine, and that's not unrealistic!)