Welcome!

My photo
I love Food. Cooking it. Eating it. Experiencing it. As a result, that's what this blog has evolved into: A journal of my gastronomical journeys abroad, as well as my culinary creativity at home. I hope you enjoy what I have to say, and I'd love to hear your comments... Cheers!

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Hollenberg Family Favorite

  1. Made this one tonight for the troops. Jill has declared this her #1 favorite...and that's saying something, considering my wife's super hero alter ego is 'The Appreciator'...

    NO SAUCE, NO PROBLEM
    1) Preheat oven to 400. Toss 3c cherry or grape tomatoes, halved (you can use 2 pints instead of measuring -- be generous, this is the best part!), with 1/4c balsamic vinegar, 2 tbsp olive oil, 1 clove (or 1 tsp) garlic, S & P (*you can really just eyeball all of these). Spread on foil-lined baking sheet.
    2) Roast tomatoes for 20+ minutes, until browned and somewhat caramelized.
    3) Meanwhile, cook 1 box pasta (ever try Ronzoni Smart Taste or Dreamfield's??)
    4) Lightly toast a big handful of pine nuts
    5) Shred 1c Asiago cheese
    6) Drain pasta; place 1 bag spinach in pasta pot. Pour drained pasta back in.
    7) Add tomatoes, pine nuts, cheese; sprinkle on basil to your liking. Mix.

    You will never miss the fact that there is no 'sauce' in this pasta dish. It is so fresh and light, yet bursting with flavor. This recipes claims to serve 6 -- Jill & I feel like we can crush the whole damn thing by ourselves (an extra glass of red wine, and that's not unrealistic!)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Rich and anyone elsse!

    I have to say that I have been the recipient and tastor of a few of Rich's recipes and mostly wondeerful meals! We even had a cook-off once on a short version and long version of a dessert. He won! One thing for sure, when I go to visit my son-in-law, daughter and grandchildren, I know that I will have some amazing meals. I try to go a few poundfs lighter to make up for this! He gets in that kitchenand whips up this awesome dinner in no time! And hey, it's okay if he makes a mess(as all good chefs do) as wife Jill loves the clean-up detail!

    I can say that you will be in for a treat if you follow and serve some of his recipes Coming from a mom-in law, that high praise.

    I have a brother that cooks for his family of tree children so I know you dads are out there. Let's here from you!

    Love,
    Mom,Linda

    ReplyDelete