Welcome!

My photo
I love Food. Cooking it. Eating it. Experiencing it. As a result, that's what this blog has evolved into: A journal of my gastronomical journeys abroad, as well as my culinary creativity at home. I hope you enjoy what I have to say, and I'd love to hear your comments... Cheers!

Friday, June 5, 2009

Masters of the Universe

Anxiously awaiting the premiere of Top Chef Masters next week (www.bravo.tv.com), and a quick scan of the contestants makes me proud. Why? Because I've worked with four of them! Tim Love is someone I am fortunate to count as a friend -- one of the best personalities in the culinary world. How he doesn't have his own show boggles the mind (believe me, I've tried to pitch it!). Roy Yamaguchi is the salt of the earth, and is as hard working as he is laid back. Art Smith is a teddy bear of a man, and I really have an affinity for his food philosophy of the Family Table (his cookbook is one of my favorites). And finally, Michael Chiarello, purveyor of NapaStyle, is arguably the one chef is would wanna be "when I grow up." Good luck, gents!...

Also looking forward to getting back in the sports fray with a co-hosting gig on Tampa's ESPN radio affil (www.espn1040.com) this Sunday, from 11a-1p EST.

No comments:

Post a Comment