Welcome!

My photo
I love Food. Cooking it. Eating it. Experiencing it. As a result, that's what this blog has evolved into: A journal of my gastronomical journeys abroad, as well as my culinary creativity at home. I hope you enjoy what I have to say, and I'd love to hear your comments... Cheers!

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Food & Wine... My Favorite Sites

Just got the new cookbook from the editors of Food & Wine Magazine, "Best of the Best Cookbook Recipes." It features recipes from the 25 best cookbooks of the year. A daunting task, indeed. Flay, Robuchon, Trotter, Tramonto, Batali... they're all represented. Even my chef friend Michelle Bernstein (if you find yourself in South Flordia, you must visit her at Michy's on Biscayne Blvd. in Miami).
I've already tabbed over a dozen of them, from easy yet inspired Italian dishes, to aspirational, classic ones.
My mission will be to prepare all of these sooner than later (I'm no Julie Powell: I have 3 kids, ages 6 and under!) and report back the results, as well as divulge the recipes themselves, so maybe you can try, too...

Also, I wanted to give you a list of some of my favorite foodie sites I like to frequent, starting with the most recent one I discovered (apologies if I'm late to the game on this!)...

www.chow.com
http://newyork.grubstreet.com
www.eatdrinkordie.com
www.foodbuzz.com
www.shefzilla.com
... and, of course, www.foodandwine.com

No comments:

Post a Comment