Welcome!

My photo
I love Food. Cooking it. Eating it. Experiencing it. As a result, that's what this blog has evolved into: A journal of my gastronomical journeys abroad, as well as my culinary creativity at home. I hope you enjoy what I have to say, and I'd love to hear your comments... Cheers!

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Random Thoughts

Had one of those "mark it down in the mental rolodex" days last Saturday: Completed my first triathlon that morning, and accomplished all 3 of my goals: 1) Don't drown, 2) Don't crash the bike, and 3) Don't look like a schmuck crossing the finish line ... a great thrill, made even better by having my family there for support...
The afternoon was topped off with my sweet Princess Lindsey's Princess Tea Party to celebrate her 4th b'day. She was in all her glory, and my wife outdid herself with everything from the invites to the decorations and everything in between...

John Hughes passing is the loss of the most influential cultural touchstone of my generation. I could recite The Breakfast Club verbatim at one point in my adolescence. That movie poster hung in my childhood bedroom, alongside the one declaring "Leisure Rules," from Ferris Bueller's Day Off. Hughes was funny, provocative, but most importantly, dead on in his depiction of every teenage paradigm we can all, in ways large and small, relate to... Most of us never heard of or will ever visit Shermer, Illinois...but damn if it didn't remind us of where we grew up...

I've now secured a spot as co-host of a Sunday, weekly sports talk show (thanks, Steve Kyler). Every time I think the sports side of my career is exiting stage left, or on extended vacation, at least, it seems something else pops up to keep the embers glowing in me...
Check out http://www.thegameradio.com/, if you care to...

Finished 5th overall in the Home Cooking Star online reality cooking series, and no sooner do I chalk it up to a fun, learning experience, than I see in my latest edition of Food & Wine touting its very own Home Cooking Super Star contest (www.foodandwine.com/superstar)!! So, here we go again...!

No comments:

Post a Comment