Welcome!

My photo
I love Food. Cooking it. Eating it. Experiencing it. As a result, that's what this blog has evolved into: A journal of my gastronomical journeys abroad, as well as my culinary creativity at home. I hope you enjoy what I have to say, and I'd love to hear your comments... Cheers!

Friday, September 24, 2010

Tilapia with Peppers & Pecans

Made this fish dish the other night and it was super simple and really great-tasting. My wife and I are both big sauce-lovers, so this was a bit of a departure for us, but the result was a really nice balance of flavors -- sweet &spicy...

Tilapia with Peppers & Pecans
  • Coat 4 tilapia fillets with 3/4c salted, all-purpose flour
  • Melt 3 tbsp. butter in a large skillet
  • Saute the fish about 3-4 on both sides, until golden brown and flaky. Set aside and keep warm.
  • In same pan, melt another 3 tbsp. butter. Add 1 tbsp. brown sugar, 1/2c chopped pecans, 1c sweet roasted red peppers, sliced, and a pinch of cayenne pepper.
  • Stir until pecans are toasted and peppers are soft. Squeeze juice of 1 small lime in pan.
  • Spoon mixture over fish and serve immediately.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment