Welcome!

My photo
I love Food. Cooking it. Eating it. Experiencing it. As a result, that's what this blog has evolved into: A journal of my gastronomical journeys abroad, as well as my culinary creativity at home. I hope you enjoy what I have to say, and I'd love to hear your comments... Cheers!

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Chicken Burgers with Spicy Peanut Sauce

Got back to cookin' for my family this weekend, after so much travel this summer. Went a little bit left of my usual center this time, with a recipe I found from F&W mag. Actually made this once before @ my sister's house, and liked it so much that I wanted a redux in my home kitchen. If you like Thai-Indian-inspired flavors, here's a good twist on a summertime burger for you... and it only takes about 30 minutes...
  • In a medium saucepan, heat 1 tbsp. vegetable oil. Add 2 tbsp. chopped red onion & 1 tsp. chile powder; stir until onions are soft (a few minutes).
  • Add 1/4 c coconut milk; bring to boil.
  • Take off heat; whisk in 2 tbsp. each smooth peanut butter, hot water, chopped salted peanuts.
  • Mix 1 1/2 lbs. ground chicken, 1 tsp. each chile powder, garam masala, salt, 1 tbsp. vegetable oil, 1/4 c chopped red onion.
  • With lightly moist hands, form into 4 large patties.
  • Grill/pan fry chicken patties approx. 8-10 minutes, until done all the way through.
  • Spread the peanut mixture on buns; serve chicken patties on the buns. Enjoy!!

These burgers are great with a dark beer or white wine. Try 'em both, what the hell..!


No comments:

Post a Comment