Welcome!

My photo
I love Food. Cooking it. Eating it. Experiencing it. As a result, that's what this blog has evolved into: A journal of my gastronomical journeys abroad, as well as my culinary creativity at home. I hope you enjoy what I have to say, and I'd love to hear your comments... Cheers!

Friday, August 6, 2010

Green Grape & Wasabi Salsa, by Wolfgang Puck Chef Marian Getz



This is Week 3 of my series of Celeb Chef Friends & Their Favorite Recipes...


Marian Getz is one of Wolfgang Puck's "Go-To" Girls when it comes to baking and cooking. I've had the pleasure of working with them many times back in the day, and Marian is so skilled and brings so much love and care to her kitchen creations. She was kind enough to share this recipe with me (and you!), proving once again, that she's not just an accomplished Pastry Chef, she's also terrific when it comes to savory stuff, as well... if you want to find out more from Marian, check out http://www.mariangetz.com/... thanks, Marian!!

Green Grape and Wasabi Salsa
Makes 2 cups

I love this salsa with tortilla chips but it is really my favorite topping for a freshly seared piece of ahi tuna or even a grilled chicken breast!
INGREDIENTS
2 cups green grapes, (try to find extra green ones as they are a bit less sweet in taste)
¼ white onion, in a large wedge
2 cloves garlic, peeled
6 sprigs cilantro
The juice of ½ of a lime
½ of a jalapeno, more or less to taste
1 tablespoon wasabi paste
½ teaspoon kosher salt
Method
1. Combine ingredients in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the “S” blade.
2. Pulse until texture is chunky.
3. Serve immediately.

TIP: You can prep the ingredients ahead of time but wait to process it until the last minute or the onions get too strong and change the taste of the salsa.

No comments:

Post a Comment