Welcome!

My photo
I love Food. Cooking it. Eating it. Experiencing it. As a result, that's what this blog has evolved into: A journal of my gastronomical journeys abroad, as well as my culinary creativity at home. I hope you enjoy what I have to say, and I'd love to hear your comments... Cheers!

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Ultimate 5-Cheese Mac & Cheese

The latest installment of my Chef Friend Series comes to us from a dear friend and multimedia talent, Chef Jamie Gwen. She and I worked together for years on TV, and I learned a lot from her, for sure. But it is without question that her Mac & Cheese recipe is the best takeaway of them all! I hope you will take the time to try this one at home. You may have to invest in a bit more cheese varieties than you're used to, but it's easy to prepare, and it's the little extra touches that make it so delicious and unique. Please visit http://www.chefjamie.com/ to learn more about her, and make sure to check out her weekly radio show, broadcasting out of California! Thanks Jamie! And as she says, "From my kitchen, to yours..."


Ultimate 5-Cheese Macaroni & Cheese

  • Cook 1 lb. pasta shells in salted boiling water until al dente. Drain well.



  • Preheat oven to 375. Butter a 13x9 baking dish.



  • Combine 1/2c Panko bread crumbs and 1/2c grated Parmesan cheese. Set aside.



  • In a large pot over medium heat, bring 2c heavy whipping cream to a simmer.



  • Reduce heat, and add 1c white cheddar, 1c Monterey Jack, 1/2c grated Parmesan, 1/2c goat cheese. Stir until all the cheeses melt.



  • Add 1c blue cheese and cooked pasta and stir until combined. Salt & pepper to taste.



  • Pour mixture into the baking dish. Spread bread crumb mixture evenly over the top.



  • Bake uncovered until golden brown, approx. 20:00.



No comments:

Post a Comment