Welcome!

My photo
I love Food. Cooking it. Eating it. Experiencing it. As a result, that's what this blog has evolved into: A journal of my gastronomical journeys abroad, as well as my culinary creativity at home. I hope you enjoy what I have to say, and I'd love to hear your comments... Cheers!

Friday, August 6, 2010

Dinner with Schm...


...no, it was with the Millers, actually. A celebratory night out with our good friends, and we hit up what is now St. Pete Brasserie. This space used to be Table, one of our favorite spots, and this was the first time we're back since the name -- and menu -- change...

It is a classic, Euro brasserie-style menu, with a lot of French-inspired dishes. Mussels. Burgers. Pomme Frittes. Short Ribs. I ended up deciding on three of those four!

I started with the Caesar Salad, and it would've been a winner had it not been drowned in dressing. I like my Romaine crispy, and this was on the soggy side. The taste was there, there was just a bit too much of it. We all shared the steamed mussels, served with a heaping side of pomme frittes (gotta love a brasserie's devotion to the French Fry!). The mussels were a smaller variety, and very tasty, bathing in a garlic, wine, and tomato broth. I went with the traditional burger after that -- it came with melted swiss, and sauteed mushrooms. It was juicy and flavorful. The meat served @ St. Pete Brasserie is purely grass-fed, and grass-fed beef is my new food crush. I've been exposed to it before,but came to truly appreciate and understand its significance and quality last month in Decatur @ Farm Burger (which I blogged about). The meat is tastier, a bit gamier, with more texture than other classifications.
My wife ordered the cod, which was surprisingly light and restrained, and the paella got a thumbs up, as well...
We passed on dessert, but the table next to us had a molten chocolate cake, who's scent drifted coyly over to our table, and smelled positively decadent. There's always next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment