Welcome!

My photo
I love Food. Cooking it. Eating it. Experiencing it. As a result, that's what this blog has evolved into: A journal of my gastronomical journeys abroad, as well as my culinary creativity at home. I hope you enjoy what I have to say, and I'd love to hear your comments... Cheers!

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Hurry Up Biscuits

Living in the South, as I have for the past 15 years, you become accustomed to a certain level of quality from a few select foodstuffs. One of them: BISCUITS. Flaky. Doughy. Moist. Fluffy. Dense. There must be thousands of recipes out there, and I've already posted my Grandma Stella's recipe a while back, but this one's a winner in its own right...

Here is your weekly recipe fix, this time courtesy of one of my favorite Chef Friend & pastry pro, Marian Getz. This is right up her alley, since she is a wizard when it comes to anything dough or batter-related! Marian just became a grandma (Congrats, Mar!), and you can bet she'll be rollin' out a few of these orders for the friends & family!

Hurry Up Biscuits

Makes 16 biscuits

INGREDIENTS
I love this recipe because the biscuits taste fantastic and yet the recipe is a simple stir-together. Easy as child’s play. This recipe gets all the moisture and fat it needs from the cream eliminating the step of cutting fat into the flour so common in most biscuit recipes. They are so tender and yummy. No one needs to know how easy they are to make! There are so many tasks in the kitchen that take time and effort that it is a real treasure to have a recipe like this in my files that is fast and easy! Your family and friends will love them.

3 cups all purpose flour
4 teaspoons granulated sugar
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt
2 cups heavy whipping cream

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment or foil.
3. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and stir together with a fork till a ball forms.
4. You do not need to be gentle with this biscuit dough.
5. Drop desired size mounds of dough onto cookie sheets using an ice cream scoop (easiest and fastest) or 2 spoons.
6. Brush the tops with a bit more cream, if desired for a nicer color.
7. Bake for 15-17 minutes or until golden brown.
8. Serve hot or warm.


TIP: The biscuit raw dough freezes beautifully for up to 3 months. You can bake the biscuits from a frozen state, just add an additional 5 minute to the baking time.

No comments:

Post a Comment